Monday, September 27, 2021

Unreal Engine shader for Substance painter. (update)

 Since Substance Share https://share.substance3d.com is no more and what they have now does not allow uploading shaders, I will post it here and on twitter.
I highly recommend using Temporal Anti-Aliasing from Display settings view.


If there will be a demand for 
anisotropy 




and clear coat,





 I will  add that later.

 download UE4shader
changes: 
Allegorithmic are still using aged IS algorithm in their main shader that causes poor looking reflections.
I've updated the importance sampling to the state of the art random sampling and made temporal accumulation useful.


8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that there is a big difference in color saturation between SP and UE4. What is this situation and can it be improved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That depends on you Post-processing in both UE4 and SP. UE4 uses ACES as a tonemapper by default, but SP does not have that option.
      https://substance3d.adobe.com/documentation/spdoc/tone-mapping-162005358.html
      sensitometric is the closest to ACES, but still not the same. SP does not provide us with shaders for Post-Processing, so that can't be done exactly like UE4, at least for now

      Delete
    2. Hello, I'd like to ask some questions about SP shader. I modified this one to benchmark UE4 mobile terminal, but I found that there are too many function parameters in sp. I can add your email to send you the file to have a look

      Delete
    3. Hello, I also found that there are many small spots around the highlight of this object. What is the method to remove this

      Delete
    4. "I highly recommend using Temporal Anti-Aliasing from Display settings view."

      Delete
  3. Hi, thank you so much for this shader, it indeed looks more acurate to UE. However, a huge disadvantage for me is that it doesn't support specular level. Could you maybe implement it some day?

    ReplyDelete